June 28, 2008

Surprising.

This morning Chris told me I had to be ready to leave the house by 8:30 because he had a surprise for me.

That's always a fabulous way to start a day, yes?

(To all you hubbys out there, the Answer: YES!!)

We hopped in the car at 8:30 on the dot and he drove us all over to his parent's house. We dropped Ezra off with Grandma and Grandpa and then Chris and I were on our way to Destinations: Unkown.

Chris drove me to our favorite coffee shop downtown. When I walked in, I saw our friend Joel sitting there reading a book. And then I noticed that the empty table next to Joel had been decorated with a tablecloth, flowers, and a candle.

Then! Oh, then! I looked at what was sitting on the table. My early birthday present. A Macintosh PowerBook G4 with a bow on top.



It was probably a good idea to give me such a gift in a public place. Because it squelched my innate desire to SCREECH and FLAIL. I calmly gave hugs and thanked my husband and Joel for helping him set up the romantic surprise. Then my insides imploded. The end.



This gift means so much to me because... well, because of a lot of reasons. I've been wanting the freedom of a laptop for a very long time. It's hard being tethered to one spot in the house for blogging, ebay-ing, photo editing. Also, we are trying to figure out how to convert our guest/music/office room into A NURSERY in the near future, but we didn't know what to do with our monstrous desktop computer and it's accompanying desk. Now? That's not a problem.

(BTW- anyone want to buy an eMac for $200?)

The goodness does not stop there, either.

My in-laws heard that some of our friends were driving up to Tulsa tonight to see 'The Phantom of The Opera'. So, they bought Chris and I last minute tickets for my birthday! And they will be watching Ezra overnight for us so that we can go enjoy the show tonight!

I am so, so excited about this. I've never seen The Phantom of the Opera! I hear it's a pretty good show. (Understatement of the Century?)

I will let you all know how it goes. Hooray!

11 comments:

Home2K9 Pack Leader said...

Happy early birthday!!! What a great gift, something that really says, "I support what you need and what you're about and I believe in your abilities to make something of those things." Congrats!

Nikki said...

Hi girl! That's awesome!!! I know you will put that to good use ;). What a great surprise.

Anonymous said...

So fun.....you have to tell me how the phantom of the opera goes.....I have ALWAYS wanted to go see it in San Fran!!!! See you soon!

becca said...

That is so freakin sweet! Agh, so sweet. You guys are good people.

Lisa said...

Oh wow! That is like my dream birthday date. So exciting!!

Anonymous said...

WHAT a surprise and what a thoughtful husband you have. I bet 90% of all husbands would have send it in via UPS and that'd be the way to deliver it ;-)

Phantom of the Opera is amazing. I have seen it in Germany - it was shown forever in Hamburg directly next to the ocean and harbour and visiting that is within the top five evenings of my life! Enjoy it!

Hunny Bee said...

Happy Birthday! G4 is purty sweet. We had one for awhile when the first came out but have since been converted to pc's. I loved the lightweight laptop though. Especially nice for pregnancy since you can balance it on your tummy to work later on! (I don't know if it's bad to that with the heat, radiation etc??? I did it and my kiddo is fine. His third eye comes in really handy, too, so I don't see the problem.)
Anyhoodles, hope you have a great time! Don't forget to fill us in on the show, too.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday!! And Emery - when you hear Music of the Night sung in Phantom, oh you'll just die of it. It kills me every time!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! How amazing! Husbands are so wonderful aren't they.....

Actually if you are really interested in selling your eMac I would definitely be interested in buying. You can email me at limon_ali [at] yahoo dot com.

Meghan Elaine said...

Happy birthday! I'm a long time reader of your blog. After reading for a long time I thought to myself, hmmmm, maybe I should start my own. So I just did :)

Rima said...

Your husband is a good, good man! I hope you enjoy your birthday!