- I went to the doctor. She gave me anti-depressant medication. I still don't know how I feel about that, and still haven't fully committed to taking the things. (More on this later.)
- I had a pelvic ultrasound. It went well except for the fact that something deep in my gut kept hoping to hear a heartbeat-- I've never had a silent ultrasound before and it was eerie and too quiet. But everything looks good- I am healthy.
- Our friends Casey and Debra drove through Oklahoma City on their way to North Carolina and they stayed with us one night. It was so amazing to see them again- and their little boy Nehemiah is the cutest thing on two legs. I wish they lived closer... they are such sweet people and we loved having them- brief as it was. We love you guys!
- Chris nearly cut off his finger on Thursday with a rotating saw while at work. He was sent to a hand specialist because his livelihood as a musician depends upon that finger and they didn't want to take any chances. He's got a lot of stitches. It is a miracle because he didn't hit any arteries, tendons, or bones somehow. This is crazy because he dropped the saw down lengthwise on top of his pinky finger. How do you not hit any BONES? He has felt very minimal pain. He's not even taking any Advil or anything. (God is good.)
- We had a guest, Andrea, staying with us this weekend. She has come and gone and it was so good to have her here again. Thanks for coming Andrea!! We heart you. (Sorry for all the craziness!)
- Chris and I took a whirlwind trip up to Kansas City just to get away from all the madness for a day. Our dear friends took Ezra for a couple of days and then we drove the 5 hours on Friday, went to the Khrusty Brothers CD release show (AMAZING), and then we stayed the night with the same family that took us in last time we were up there. In the morning we grabbed some coffee at our favorite coffee shop in the whole wide world, spent some time perusing a bookstore, and then made the necessary stop at the Urban Outfitters before heading home. It was a great and much needed trip.
My legwarmers came with me.
Kansas, she is flat.
I LOVE the way he looks at me.
- Chris' wallet went missing yesterday. We were convinced it had been stolen out of the garage at some point during the day, but then this morning Chris found his gloves laying by the side of the main road not far from our house. We are thinking maybe the wallet got left on the top of the car (along with the gloves) after Chris took it to the carwash and flew off at some point between there and the house. Now we are anxiously waiting to see if someone turns it in or contacts us about finding it. (Please Jesus.)
- Ezra woke up at 3AM this morning puking his guts out. He continued to throw up all night long. He seems okay so far today- maybe a bit of a fever, but no throwing up as of yet. I AM SOOOOOO OVER ALL OF THIS SICKNESS.
- The silver lining: Chris' mom is flying into OKC tomorrow to spend a week with us. We cannot wait... I have a feeling an extra pair of hands is just what we will need this week. Life seems to be running too fast for us to keep up.