A couple of you have asked to hear Chris and I's story, and I am more than happy to oblige you all, but there are a of couple things I have to throw out there first...
1. Chris and I dated for FIVE YEARS. I have really wanted to share our story with you guys ever since I started this blog, but the thought of trying to sum up those five to six years of my life was totally overwhelming. I pictured a post that was approximately eighteen miles long in my future. Blech. TOOOO MANY WORDS!
2. Then, I recently started reading along on Jen's Blog as she told the story of her and her husband Erick. She has been telling the story in CHAPTERS, which I think is absolutely brilliant and it has been fun and absorbing to read along and anticipate each new installment. So, I have now decided that if I am going to do this, I am going to SHAMELESSLY copy her idea and tell you all the story of Chris & I in similar, chapter-ly installments. (Um, is this OK, Jen? hehe.)
3. Does this sound like something you'd even want to read from me? If it's not, no need to comment-- if it is something you'd want to see on this blog, leave me a quick comment and let me know. The only reason I ask this is that it will be somewhat difficult for me to recall and relate all that happened in those tumultuous years of my life... I would only be up for it if it's something you guys are even interested in reading. If it's not, that's totally fine. If it is, let me know.
4. I would obviously be condensing the story quite a bit, but it would still be very emotionally-charged writing for me. Those years were difficult. Also, it will be hard to remember a lot of it... (I have the memory of a GNAT.) I'll probably need to scan through some old journals or something to kick start my memory again.
5. All in all, I think it would be really good and healing and helpful to me, if to no one else, to get this story out of my head and my heart and onto paper. It is a beautiful story, only because the ending is so reedeeming and full of life (life named Ezra), but I think even the rough patches could potentially be helpful to people who might find themselves in similar situations right now or in the future.
6. I'll have to make sure this is OK with my sweet husband first, as well. I have no doubt he'll give the 'go ahead', though. He has always believed (as do I) that our story is a powerful testimony to God's grace and love in our lives, and that it can be healing to people who have had their hearts steamrolled a time or two.
If enough of you are interested in this, I'll start right away. And I'll probably become hooked and write a million chapters an hour after that. hehe.
I couldn't have done this without you guys... THANK YOU TIMES INFINITY!!