April 12, 2011

What Are You Worth?



I recently read THE most powerful and convicting (punch-in-the-gut!) series on being the mamas we were created to be and our battle against INSIGNIFICANCE over on my friend Suzanna's blog.

There are three posts total, and you really must read them if you have ever felt the cold chill of "I am not enough" creep over your heart and your home.

I never realized how much I've allowed myself to live in that ominous shadow until I read these posts.

First, read this.

Then this.

And then this one.

***********


I want to know my worth, and communicate the worth of my children to their hungry hearts. I don't want to feel like I am "under the tablecloth" anymore. I want my home to be happy and peaceful. I need my children to know that I really ENJOY who they are.

I find myself desperate for God to replace my heart of stone with a heart of flesh.

Thank you, Suzanna, for boldly writing exactly what this mama needed to hear.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Thank you for posting the links to these posts Emery! I needed to read these words badly. Recently I've been discussing some of these same things with my best friend (who is also my mama support most of the time!) and we were searching out God's wisdom on these matters. Of course we go to our Bibles, but it is so important to us to have teachers teaching about these things too! Thank you for pointing us to a gifted woman truly teaching with God's heart!

eBirdie said...

Wonderful. There are so many good applications there!

Erin said...

Thanks for sharing those blog posts.

Lil Muse Lily said...

i will have to go on over and read the posts but i just wanted to tell you that i have been coming here for quite some time and you do not come across as a person with a heart of stone AT ALL!

bandofbrothers said...

Beautiful photo!

I meant to comment earlier...I LOVED those links. My favorite part was about REALLY seeing your children.

and how the world's greatest atrocity was the ability to look at another human and see absolutely...nothing. And how Jesus NEVER NEVER NEVER does this! Amen!

stina said...

oh my gosh i LOVE that picture of you and truman!
and really fantastic post.
but srsly, that picture is amazing.