September 30, 2009

TKO.

Sometimes I'll have these moments, these flashes of heightened-consciousness, where I stop what I am doing and suddenly think, "WHERE DID THESE LITTLE PEOPLE COME FROM?"



It seems shocking to me that I am already in this stage of life- where I am reproducing people and am completely responsible for their care and well-being. So much of me still feels like a "kid" myself.



And then these two humans, they wrestle! And I think, "If it weren't for me and the decisions I've made, this wrestling match would not even be happening!"



That is right about when Ezra starts screaming because Myer (his EIGHT MONTH OLD baby brother) is "squishing" him or "pulling his hairs" or "drooling on him".

And I swoop in to rescue my four year old. From my eight month old.

*sigh*

It's going to be a loooong 18 years, isn't it?



Wait. Don't answer that. I think I know the truth.

It's going to feel more like the blink of an eye, right? Like a cluster of moments that got away from me too quickly...



...moments that I just couldn't wrestle and pin down fast enough.

It's a total TKO.

10 comments:

Piper of Love said...

breathtaking

MEGAN said...

They are SO DARN CUTE! Love your living room too!

mrs boo radley said...

Ditto: love living room, kiddos so darn cute...

Angie said...

Somehow, I think it is both; long and gone in a blink of an eye.

Su Crawford said...

So precious and so true! My mom always tells me, "When you're a mom, the days are long and the years are short." I feel that a lot! :)

Love your blog!

meg said...

your boys are so adorable....as always.

On a totally random note, where did you get the cabinet in your living room from? Was it a re-purposed salvage piece or from a store? I'm trying to find something similar to lock away all the electronics.
thanks!

Katy said...

oh my goodness. I cannot believe how big Ezra is! I totally started reading your blog when he was Myers age I think!!! HAHA! Love that I can see the progress in your life. It's amazing to see where we were a year ago and where we are today. so great!!

IndianaJones said...

hit nail on head. again.
cute boys.
ain't life grand?

chrissy said...

your boys get more adorable everyday!! seriously.
and yeah itll go by quick, im in my first year of college, and my sister graduated college, now my poor parents are all alone.
they say the like it, but seriously i dont know how an empty house is fun they must be lying.
so enjoy these years! :)

KillerB said...

These are great shots-- your kids are so precious!