February 4, 2009
You Might Be Sleep Deprived If...
1. Within the course of one morning you have misplaced your car keys TWICE- Finding them once in the dryer and once buried in your son's drawer of Hot Wheels cars.
2. You're hungry for greasy lunch at 9:50 in the morning.
3. You fall asleep in the bathtub.
4. It's 2:00 in the afternoon and you STILL have not located your missing cup of morning coffee. (oh god could THAT be in the dryer too?)
5. You almost forget to cover yourself up while breastfeeding at the library.
6. Your older son suddenly decides to stop taking naps on the very day that your newborn arrives in this world. Joy of joys!
7. You giggle like a school girl when your sweet little midwife tells you about the 'fancy new lambskin condoms' at your first postpartum appointment. Then you turn beet red from embarrassment.
8. You're having trouble keeping the numbers in order while typing this blog list. ("Is it six and then seven? Or the other way around?")
9. Wow! This has been *such* a small post for ONE MA-JILLION TYPOS.
11. Oh, sorry, I was staring into space just then.
12. You're still blissfully happy even though you can't think straight- because the thing keeping you up at night is this:
Now, if only he'd sleep this peacefully when the sun went DOWN...
at 12:44 PM