July 5, 2008

Sicky Face.

It seems I've come down with something. I've been laid flat for the last day and a half. Sore throat, fever, headache, body aches, congestion, and unending nausea. I have no idea where the sickness begins and where the pregnancy symptoms end at this point. Every time I sit upright I feel like I'm going to puke.

This happens every time I come to Reno.

This morning I was feeling a bit better, so Ezra and I went for a walk with my brother and his wife and my mom. We drove up to the meadows which are just below Lake Tahoe. It was a gorgeous day and the fresh air felt good, but on the way home I felt the nausea creeping in again and it hasn't left since.

Miserable, I tell you.




I'm hoping I will feel better by tomorrow for my birthday. My mom is making my favorite food: steak, artichokes, and banana creme pie. I CANNOT MISS OUT ON THESE THINGS. CAN!! NOT!! That would be torture!

If you think of me tomorrow, pray that God would heal me. He totally does that still. Did you know?

4 comments:

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

Uh oh! I hope you feel better very soon! When I went to visit my sister & bil in Scotland a couple years ago, they had one of those super-vitamin-c things ready for my Mom & I to take. They said that everyone who visits gets sick so they wanted us to play it safe. We took that stuff and didn't get sick! Maybe it would be worth a try on your next visit.

Karen, Scott, and Jared said...

Happy Birthday Emery! Have a great time in Tahoe and I hope that fresh air does you good... I remember that I got really sick with any elevation changes when I was pregnant. I feel like I spent the first 6 months laying down because I was so dizzy and nauseous at. all. times. Totally praying for you today and trying not to be jealous of the birthday dinner your mom is making you! :-)

Talia said...

aw, so sad!! I hope you feel all better soon, poor sickie.
I am so excited for your upcoming appt, I want to see if you are hiding twins in that adorable belly of yours. :)

anna joy said...

k i was on my way to a wedding today that i was nervous about, and TOTALLY drugged out very much on 18 types of allergy medicines, couldn't even figure out 2+2 in my head... saying weird things... my allergies were compounded by being sick and the pressure in my head was goinog to make my eyes pop out because my ears hadn't popped in 3 days and they hurt really bad.......... and allergy medicine made me mucho tired on top of mucho retarted. but!

guess

what?


i prayed
mom prayed
everyone prayed prayed prayed

and God totally answered.

almost on the dot after the wedding my nose stuffyness came back...... but thats it. for the whole day. i was amazed. everything went great. totally superly great.


so what i'm trying to say is

i forget that God has control over my body, and my circumstances. but most importantly he is in control period.


so what i'm also trying to say is


pray, and it will work.

happy birthday!

p.s. i also got stung by a bee on my foot while i was taking pictures of the couple at the beach and i ran barefoot two blocks back to my car on asphalt and it didnt start hurting until now, after the wedding. thats how neato God is.