January 31, 2008

Reasons Why I Love Preschool: #38,473.



The art projects are so cute that I find myself wanting to photograph them all and put them on my blog.

(I have restrained myself {YOUR WELCOME} until the octopus showed up. Oh, the octopus!)


It is snowing here today. I drove down South of town to plunder the thrift stores, and all I have to say to sum up the excursion is this: NOBODY BUT ME KNOWS HOW TO DRIVE.

As traffic whizzed by me at 65MPH on a solid sheet of ice and snow, I found myself quietly hoping they would lose traction and skid around a bit... just to put the fear of God in them a little, you know?

Then I quietly repented of my malicious thoughts.

Then I thought them all over again two nano seconds later.

I went and picked Ezra up early from school today because I knew the roads would only get worse and... and maybe I was a little bored, too. I knew he would nap better at home, anyways, so I went and got him and on the way home he told me all about how he played outside in the snow with his friends and painted circles on paper and did I know that circles look like letter O's? I told him that yes I did know that and that they also look like number zero's! To which he replied "No, mamma. TIME OUT." (He's strict that way.)

Chris is compiling a list of your questions from the other day and collecting his thoughts with such care and attention that you would think he was preparing to address Congress. I can't wait to hear what he has to say... thanks to you all for the great man-questions. (Got any more Man-questions? He's got MANswers! har har har I kill me.)

In other news: maybe we'll start trying to have another baby soon? I think?

If we do, I will blame it (in part) on this video of Henry, and also this picture of Ezra baby-face that I found in my photo archives the other day:

photo by Cameron Ingalls


Baby fever? Oh, it's at about one bajillion-ish degrees right now.

AND CLIMBING.

12 comments:

Just Jiff said...

Well get to work, girlie! I bet you'd have another beautiful baby! I am 27 weeks and am beginning to get a little nervous! It's my first and O.M.G. I am going to be responsible for a little, bitty person!!

Katy said...

That octopus is so stinkin adorable!!! NEW BABY!?!?! I can't wait to read all about that new adventure when it comes about! I'm also anxious to see what your hubby has to say to the blogger world!!

Andrea Terry said...

Yay for the octopus!!! It's super cute :) How fun that you're thinking about another baby...I can't help but think of all the fun possibilities of you with a baby girl!

IndianaJones said...

we did that. we thought about having another and then before we even finished the first conversation about if we were really going to do it ummmm I was pregnant!
All I can say is God will give you what you need:) when you need it:)
But man with a baby face like that last picture staring back at you how could you resist. You too make some stinkin' cute kids!

Anonymous said...

Emery,
I can so relate to the crafts! I cant stop myself from hanging Jaydens little...look I circled the letter G..activity pages on my fridge. Not to mention what they do at art time!!

I'm with you on baby fever!! We're working on #3!!

Heather

lorieloo said...

I'm so flattered that my kiddo got you hot and bothered for another one.=) And after looking at that pic of Ezra, my gosh our boys look alike! Perfect round heads and big ole puppy dog eyes! Love em.

Warning: don't see Juno. If you're already having baby fever it will only make it worse. I'm not even close to wanting another one and I left the theater wanting to be pregnant again. And that's just nutsy.

Talia said...

it's so funny, because I don't even technically KNOW you, and yet I am ridiculously excited at the thought of you having another baby! Do I sound crazy now?? :)
I'll be praying for you and your little family as you contemplate this exciting step. Yay!!

P.S. I've had a severe baby fever for about 4 months now, and it gets worse with every new baby/potential baby I read about or see. I too blame Lorie and her Henry a little bit, because we really want a boy this next time, so seeing him is like adding fuel to the fire!!

Excellent Parent said...

ohh iwant to see the art projects! i cnt believe how big he is!

Ashley said...

That photo of Ezra it too cute for words. Can't wait to read what the hubby has to say!

piper said...

If you can do it, I can do it!!

Ahem, photo preschool crafts that is.

If you are feeling bored, please know that a new baby will surely elliminate all forms of 'me time' for you... you'll be all set! Ezra will be an amazing big brother, he's so super because of you!

Cristina Mathers said...

i LOVE that octopus! but i think i love the pic of ezra even more. so sweet!

Amy said...

Oh that picture is SO SWEET!!!! Enough to give ANYONE baby fever.