October 27, 2007

Five Days.

Who knew fixing a trailer axle could be so darn sexy?


We are leaving for home in FIVE DAYS. For two whole months.

It is our anniversary in FIVE DAYS. It's been four whole years.

Stress levels are rising around these parts- Chris is working like a madman to get his final work projects done, money is tight, and our schedules are a little fuller than they probably should be at this point in the game. For example, tonight Chris and I are babysitting all the kids from the co-op (after Chris is working all day) along with another couple from 4-7pm so that the other moms and dads can have a date night. If I'd planned ahead, I could have arranged for another night to watch the kids so that Chris and I could have spent some time getting ready, or we could have even taken advantage of the date night to celebrate our anniversary that will, instead, be spent in a car. (Which is totally fine with me... if that's not quality time, I don't know what is!) But we've just got a lot on our plates right now. Still, we are so excited to see our family... This stress and stuff to-do is all like white noise in the background of our readiness to see the people we love most in the world.

Also, Ezra's Halloween costume has been changed to a dinosaur outfit that was given to us last year instead of the fancy Peter Pan digs I'd originally planned to get. We might do an hour of trick-or-treating in a friend's neighborhood- nothing big or fancy- because trick-or-treating lands on the night before we plan to leave.

We'll tackle the drive in two 12 hour legs, for both of which Chris will be behind the wheel. He actually ENJOYS long drives. I border upon tolerance and insanity during the 24 hour trek, and I find myself relentlessly tidying and straightening the contents of the car just so that I can breathe and feel like I'm not, in actuality, suffocating. This drive will be slightly different, however, because we have purchased a little trailer to tow behind the car so that Chris can bring his tools (he will be working while we are out there) and we can pile all of our stuff into it and not feel like sardines crammed in our little automobile full of pack-n-plays and paintbrushes. This will be a lovely change.

I'd like to leave you all with this random fact (courtesy of MoMar):

Did you know that it is physically impossible for a person to touch their elbow with their tongue?

11 comments:

Rima said...

Have a great trip and enjoy your anniversary!

meg said...

it's true, we tried, all of us in the room that's 4 people and no one could touch their tongue to their elbow. now my neck hurts.

kachina said...

As soon as I read your nice random fact...I tried it! hah. Have a great trip-o!

Hunny Bee said...

Yes, I also gave it a try. And I concur. Hope you can blog from home. We'll miss you otherwise. God bless!

Anonymous said...

WooHoo, That’s exciting ya’ll will be in Reno! I hope you have a fabulous time with family and Friends!

Andrea Terry said...

I tried, really I did because I didn't believe that it was actually physically impossible to touch one's elbow with one's tongue. Alas, I have failed.
Have a fun trip! If you get the chance to head over to sacramento area, I have a dishwasher that keeps falling out of its cubby that I would HAPPILY employ Chris to fix....

misguidedmommy said...

my hubs says good choice of beer chris

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary soon and Safe Travels!!!

misguidedmommy said...

omg okay that means that by the time you get here there will only be about 15 days until i have a baby!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!! Family......
also I know I have heard that fact before, but once again I just had to try....all by myself...i failed, but I laughed (it was worth it ).
See you soon!

Love YOU!

dawn224 said...

and I tried ... even though I know it ... I still tried...