September 24, 2007

Spotlight.

OK, so my show went GREAT and I had so much fun that I actually can't wait to do it again.

Usually when I know I have a show coming up I get all stressed out and I suddenly realize that my songs are total crap and no one will want to hear them. By the time my show rolls around, I have no confidence in myself and I just want to get my set over with ASAP so that the people who came to hear good music won't have to suffer at my hands (and vocal chords) for too long.

But this time, it was different. I had lots of fun and felt good about the songs I played. A huge part of this, I think, was knowing that the band really liked the songs too and had fun playing them with me. My next show with Shannon is on October 13th at a little bar/grill place called Galileo's, and I am PUMPED.

And, since you asked, here is the outfit that took ridiculous amounts of time to pick out even though it really is nothing special and it looks more like an outfit I pulled out of the bottom of the laundry hamper (in the dark) 30 seconds after I stumbled out of bed at 7AM after a long night of wasting away in Margaritaville... or something:



Chris' gray tank top.
Little black shorts.
Purple tights.
Black cardigan.
As fancy as a trash bag.


In other news, today is Chris' 26th birthday! Woo woo! There is a gooshy, lovey post in the works in honor of my main squeeze, so consider yourselves warned.

5 comments:

Talia said...

Hello there~
I've been reading your blog for some time now (I got totally hooked when you started writing your love story :)) I'm a friend of Lorie's, so that is how I came to visit your page.
I thought I would finally leave you a comment and just tell you how much I love your style of writing-- you have such humor and are so candid. And your little boy is SO cute. I have two little girls, so it is fun to read about the adventures of a little boy. :)
One of the reasons I thought I would finally comment is that I put link to your blog on my page; and I didn't want you to know about that (if you have one of those things that tells you) and wonder who the heck this strange girl is and why she is all of a sudden linking to me! :) I love your blog so much, I thought maybe some of my friends would too.
sorry for the long comment... thanks for all the great entertainment. :)

Hunny Bee said...

Well Emery, you have lots of kudos coming your way because I totally ditto what talia said! And happy birthday to Chris, though I've never met him, and thanks for visiting my blog, and your outfit looks completely appropriate for a neato gal like yourself, singing and momming and being all cool and stuff. I like!

Candace said...

glad to have popped in! where can i hear you sing??? I have a feeling I'm already a fan!

Megan said...

Happy 26th to Chris! :)

a+c said...

Glad the show was such a success! Happy Bday to Chris. It's my friend's Bday too, but she's in San Diego.

You look amazing and I'm glad you were able to enjoy the whole process of the show. I'm up early to study, echhh.... because I'm going to Hawaii!

Have a great day! C