July 19, 2006

Intense Dream

I have had three really intense dreams in my life... the kind where you wake up and you KNOW that what you were just dreaming was more than just the run-of-the-mill subconsious ramblings.
Last night, I had my fourth really intense dream ever. And it was... well, intense.

I had a dream that I was going to church, only it was in this big outdoor stadium and there were THOUSANDS of people filling it up. Everyone was excited because that day there was going to be a big race, and everyone was going to participate. But then something happened (I think it was weather related) and most of the people started to leave. There were huge traffic jams because everyone was leaving at once, and it was so crazy looking that I went around taking pictures of the chaos with Chris' camera phone. Our family knew we had to stay.

After that, there were still a good number of people who weren't leaving the stadium because they still wanted to participate in the race. Everyone was sortof milling about waiting, when it was suddenly announced that there wouldn't be a race afterall. Everyone became really, really angry and started shouting and yelling and leaving the arena. Chris, Ezra, and I, along with a handful of others, banded together because we knew we couldn't leave just because there was no race. We knew that we were going to stick it out and remain with the church. The angry mob turned against us and started attacking and killing those of us who were remaining with and fighting for the church.

We were backed into a corner and there was a little shack that we all ran into. We started trying to board up the doors and the windows, but the shack walls seemed to be made out of cardboard. We put nails through the locks and tried to make latches for the doors with the materials we had. The angry army of people were just outside, surrounding the shack, but they seemed to be waiting for some sort of signal to attack. Chris and I knew that our situation was pretty hopeless, but we were doing everything we could to get ready. Ezra was still with us. The handful of us in the shack were ready to risk it all and fight to the end.

I saw my mom and dad running towards the shack and I knew they had come to say their last goodbyes to us. I ran out to meet them, and my mom and I embraced and through tears she told me I had to be brave and that she was entrusting the family to Chris, Ezra, and I. I specifically remember her saying "I give you all the Aunts of the family". We said our goodbyes I was trying to figure out a way to hide Ezra somewhere in the shack in order to keep him safe. And that's when I woke up.

1 comment:

Excellent Parent said...

im going to have to think about that one for a bit!!