June 14, 2006

Nineteen Eighty Eight.
The Year of Davy Crocket.



I found this picture the other day that dates back to 1988. I was 5 1/2 years old.
I DISTINCTLY remember drawing those green 'moustaches' on all of the boys in this picture, because I wanted to make sure that whoever saw this picture in the future (namely: YOU) would realize that the kid with the short blonde hair (3rd from the left, in the back row) was, in all actuality, a GIRL. (namely: ME.) Because, see? Girls don't have moustaches. Only boys have moustaches. (I was very clever back then.)

My best freind growing up was Jeremy. (the boy in the Davy Crocket outfit in the middle of the back row.) He had the cool coonskin cap and everything. I wanted to be just like Jeremy, so I asked my mom for a Davy Crocket outfit as well. She lovingly pieced one together for me after much begging and pleading on my part. I'm actually wearing it in this picture... You might not have noticed, however, because for some strange reason, my Davy Crocket outfit was BLUE. I still am not sure why it was blue, but it was. And I wore it proudly almost every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you mean third from the left in the FRONT row? because the one in the back row isn't wearing blue and you can't see their face... so i'm guessing its not you... am i right?