I've been interviewed by Britt!
What is your favorite accessory or piece of furniture in your home?
This one is easy. That would most definitely be my armoire. I often tell Chris that I would be fine to get rid of everything else in the house if we needed to, but the armoire? I plan to be buried in it when I die. I've said this so many times over the years, that I fear he is beginning to take me seriously. So, if any of you are at my future funeral, don't be alarmed if my armoire is there too. We were given this piece of furniture by a very nice family that Chris did some painting work for. They were going to sell all their old living room furniture, but after they heard Chris and I had just gotten married, they decided they wanted to just give it to us. They gave us our two overstuffed reclining chairs, our armoire, our super nice stereo speakers, and our (old) custom handcrafted couch. Chris did some extra work for them (it was paint related... nothing mafia related, I promise.) and, in return, we got the nicest furniture that we'll probably ever own. Amazing!
2. Who will you cast as Emery Jo in the Emery Jo movie?
Oooooh... I know she's older than me, but I would definitely cast Meg Ryan. If she wasn't down to play the part of an ordinary girl who's idea of excitement and adventure is thrift store shopping, then I would try to get Maggie Gyllenhaal to play me.
3. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
I am most proud of the way I've been able to pull my stuff together and learn how to be a mom. There were days in the very beginning, right after Ezra was born, that I REALLY thought I just couldn't do it. There are still days when I think of the years ahead of me and I feel totally overwhelmed as a mom, but Ezra is two now and I'm getting more confident in my mommy skills with everyday that goes by.
4. What is your breakfast of choice?
Every morning I eat a plain Eggo waffle- I just grab it straight out of the toaster and scarf it down. No butter, no syrup, no plate. Then I have a cup of coffee. (technically half milk, half coffee, with some sugar.) That's it for me.
5. What were some of the trends you followed as a pre-teen?
Oh dear lord. I did that thing where I would wear THREE pairs of socks and then roll each layer down separately so that the colors were stacked up on my ankle.
I did that thing where you curl half of your bangs BACK, and half of your bangs FORWARD.
I did that thing where you wear hideous shirts that invite people to breathe on you so that they can watch an already hideous shirt turn even uglier colors.
Now that you've read my interview, you call play along (and I hope you will because I've already thought of some questions I want to ask you)! Here's what you do:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." (If I don't have your email address already, either leave it in the comment or email me at email@example.com)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.