February 18, 2007

Not Dead.

I'm alive! I'm alive! For a couple of days there, things didn't look so good... but now I am better! And upright! And able to stay awake for more than 1 hour at a time!

I'm sorry for the lack of posts, but I haven't been that ill in a really long time. I am so lucky, though, to have had a house full of people to care for me and care for Ezra as I lay in bed whimpering like a dying mouse. The timing of my sister-in-law and her husband's visit worked out suuuper for me, but for them? Their "vacation" consisted of much sitting around my house and watching many hours of Beauty and the Beast due to the fact that Ezra has figured out how to insert tapes into the VCR and then turn on the television and then press play. And then rewind them. And then start all over again. Sooo...lots of Beauty and the Beast the last few days... I think we need a lock for our TV hutch, or at least a very high shelf upon which I could place the likes of 'Cars', 'The Lion King', and 'Beauty and The Beast'.

I know every word to all of these movies now, and that's just not a skill I ever planned on possessing as a 24 year old woman, you know? Who am I to say, though? Perhaps it will come in handy one day... maybe I will be on a game show many many years from now, and they will ask some question about the cause of Pumba's banishment from his zoological peers and I will be able to look directly into the camera and say "FLATULENCE!", winning 30 million dollars instantly and a space cruise to Mars. (this is totally going to happen, just watch.)

Other than that, not much has happened around these parts. Chris and I are going to buy Ezra a new toddler bed sometime in the next couple of days, so I am hoping that the transition will be an easy one and that Ezra won't use this new found freedom to sneak into the kitchen late at night and eat all my Double-Stuff Cool Mint Oreos. Although, knowing this kid, we will probably wake up and find him straightening his toys out in the living room so that they all line up perfectly with the lines in the hardwood floor.

I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this doesn't help you NOW, but a couple years ago at Disneyland while waiting in the crowd for Fantastmic, one of the CMs was doing a "Disney trivia" thing to keep the crowd entertained. And I kept shouting out the answers first to her "Finish the following line from THIS Disney movie....." questions. I was a superstar in that crowd. So hang in there with those random tidbits of movie knowledge, they may come in handy.

Anonymous said...

it is a little sad to say....but i kinda miss the neverending disney movies and english tea....and our many trips to target. (I never thought one could visit target soo much in just 5 days =)

the song that will not leave my head is....."Be....Our.....Guest, be our guest...." ahhhhhh, now I started it all over again, lol. Anyway, miss you already and even though we weren't running around like crazy having so much to do, I still had a blast.... you haven't forgotten how to DANCE have you???? =)

lorieloo said...

Welcome back to the land of the living! I've missed my regular dose of mommy-isms from you and am glad you and your little guy are better!
BTW the video of him spitting out his birthday candles made me cry. And then laugh.=)

Excellent Parent said...

i love you!

Cam @ArcadiaTrails said...

Glad you got to feeling better.

Is Ezra a liner-upper? He & G would get along great.