May 23, 2006

Where's Waldo Ezra?



Ezra was playing nicely in his room earlier, and when I went in there to check on him, he was nowhere to be found. I started to freak-out and I was running from room to room trying to find him. It was like he had completely disappeared or something. Then I heard a noise from his bedroom closet. He had opened his closet door and climbed into his old saucer toy back in the corner, and was contentedly playing in it with a silly grin on his face. Figures. After my heart palpitations faded away, I grabbed my camera.

I'm trying to cut Ezra back from two naps a day to just one nap a day, and it isn't as easy as it sounds... Normally, he would take a nap around 10:00 AM and then (on a great day) take another one around 3:00PM. But lately, if he takes his morning nap, then he won't take his afternoon nap and then it's CRANKY CENTRAL around here until it's finally his bedtime. So, the new plan is to have him take one long nap around 1:00PM instead. Yesterday we did pretty good- he went down at 12:45 and slept for 3 hours. Today, though, he was looking REALLY sleepy around 10:00, and I started thinking, "This is going to be the longest 3 hours of my life..."

But it wasn't...(dramatic pause)... because I totally caved and put him down at 11:30AM instead of 1:00PM. I know, I know. I have to stick to my guns and all that bologna... But it was seriously the longest hour and a half of my life...

He started rolling around on the floor and (purposely?) banging his head on things. He was whiny and couldn't be entertained by anything... Not even my silly dances! Can you believe that?!? So I says to myself, I says, "Forget 1:00 nap time... this kid is going to sleep now."

So, he's asleep for now and everything is fine, but this evening when he is grumpy-grumperton because mommy put him down too early for his nap I will be reaping what I sowed. Better to let the "future me" suffer than the "now me", right?
Right!
(i think.)

1 comment:

Excellent Parent said...

How did you do that walkdo cross out thing!